Coco peat is a natural, and renewable resource produced from coconut husks. Potting soil manufactures add value to potting mixtures by adding a percentage of good quality coco peat.
Plants grown with coco peat require less frequent watering due to their higher water-holding capacity. Finer roots can be seen in a shorter time. The roots receive greater aeration resulting in healthier plants.
Cocopeat ensures a sufficient amount of water for the plant without compromising on the drainage capacity.
CoirGreen™ Coco Peat is pressed in weights of 650g bricks and 5kg blocks with a compression ratio of 8:1. We produce blocks of 10kg and 25kg on request; however larger products mean bigger transports.
- 100% natural, organic and bio-degradable
- An eco-friendly renewable resource
- A viable alternative to peat moss
- A perfect multipurpose growing medium
- The right CoirGreen™ Coco Peat has high aeration (air porosity)
- Absorbs water easily but not too much
- Ensures a strong and healthy root system
- A very stable product that can be used for many years without decomposition affecting its physical make-up
- Increased potassium levels
- Improved phosphorus levels
- Increased cation exchange capacity
- Improved nutrient retention
- Reduced frequency and rates of fertiliser application
CoirGreen™ – "Environmentally Friendly"