CoirGreen™ Coco Chips are produced when the husk around the coconut is cut into pieces and not separated into coco-fibre or coco-peat.
The coco-chips are washed in clean water to achieve a material which can be safely used in growing media with a low Electrical Conductivity ( EC ) level (salt content). Using coco chips as an additive in potting mixtures creates a growing medium with ideal physical properties. The husk chips can absorb water and yet leave enough air available for sensitive plants such as gerberas and orchids.
Coir Green produces husk chips in 500g bricks as well as 5kg blocks. The following sizes of chips are available in blocks.
8 – 12 mm, 12 – 18 mm and 18 – 24 mm.
- Lasts longer than bark with no degradation (over 5 years)
- Very clean, uniform and zero wastage
- Wet coconut husk chips hold water and air like a sponge
- Excellent drainage, high cation exchange capacity (CEC)
- Cuts down fertilizer application up to 30%
- Prevents stress after repotting
- Neutral pH and innate buffering capacity
- Resists fungal growth
- 100% natural and renewable resource
- Increased potassium levels
- Improved phosphorus levels
- Increased cation exchange capacity
- Improved nutrient retention
- Reduced frequency and rates of fertiliser application
CoirGreen™ – "Environmentally Friendly"